Monday, March 8, 2010

when you've only got 100 years to live

15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to lose
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live


The past 2 weeks have be CRAAAAAZY.  I've never gotten time to take a breath since Chinese New Year.  Its been fun and tiring at the same time.

During the Friday Pitching session, Prof said that CS3216 is essentially for us to sit down, spend all our time doing things that we've always wanted to do but never had the chance to do it.  (might not be the exact words, might not even be his message... but oh well).  I think in some ways that's right and wrong.

Its right because, well, most of us ARE doing what we've always wanted to do but never had the time/opportunity to sit down.  But at the same time, I think its WRONG because why do we need a lv 3000 module that's worth well more than the 4 MC its allocated to get our asses off?  i think something's wrong here (with us, or maybe just me).  What happened to that child like innocence and enthusiasm that we once had to just do whatever we wanted.  Now we just find excuse after excuse not to do stuff.  Why do we need a module to push us to do things?

Perhaps I only speak for myself.  When Prof Ben said those words, I sat there thinking "Does it mean we wouldn't have sprung to action had we not taken this module?"  Perhaps thats the strange thing about humans.  You need some form of trigger. 

I almost chose NOT to go for the pitching session because I wanted to study for my 2100 (which i tanked anyway <.< ) But I'm glad I went for the session.  But while its all fun and good to be talking about ideas, I think the true value lies in action on it.  Talk is cheap.

I have no real idea why I'm feeling so pensieve, I started on this entry while listening to "100 Years" by Five for Fighting.  Originally I wanted to do the usual "what did I learn from the pitching session", but midway it turned into a myraid of disconnected thoughts.

I guess time really flies by.  I think we should make use of every opportunity and time we have.  Whether its during CS3216 or in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Why do we need a module to push us to do things?

    Because most people aren't self-motivated enough and need someone to kick you off your lazy butt. :-)

    Sad, but true.

    Remember this: Richard St. John's 8 secrets of success? If your mum's not around to push you, evil profs can help too. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what changed? Not too long ago, we'll just do whatever we wanted. I did, at least. How did we get from unending energy to lazy to get off our butts :P

    ReplyDelete